Sub Agent (Highways)
- Car, Car Allowance + Benefits
- Posted by: SolutionTeam
- Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Type: Permanent
- Ref: Stewart Lange
My client are recruiting for a Sub Agent to join our UK Civils Division in the South working on their concrete road frameworks. Part of the engineering function reporting to the Agent/Project Manager on the project. Primary role is provision of support to the Agent/Project Manager in the management of the design and/or construction of the works, including the implementation of quality procedures and management of health, safety and environmental matters, all to meet programme, specification and budget targets.
- A key member of the project management team in the delivery of Health. Safety and Environmental presentations. Examples Include project Inductions, tool box talks, and team briefings. Provides Input on the content of presentations.
- Manage, supervise and mentor, graduate, site and section engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and project records
- Complete health and safety Inspections
- Completes an individual dally diary.
- Implementation of quality control process including the preparation and/or review of Inspection & Test Plans. Can readily display advanced knowledge of key packages such as concrete, drainage, steelwork and brickwork.
- Good understanding of the project specifications, in particular tolerances for vertical and horizontal structural elements
- Is competent in the Issuing of “Permits to break ground”.
- Preparation and/or review of method statements and risk assessments.
- Identifies where Information is missing and has an excellent working knowledge of the project RFI process
- Good understanding of temporary works and undertakes the role of the Temporary Works Co-ordinator.
- Good understanding of lifting operations and undertakes the role of Project Lifting Operations Appointed Person.
- Preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly construction programmes or, where appropriate, provides Information to the project planner to allow programmes lo be updated.
Experience & Skills
- Successful experience at section engineer level
- Fully competent in understanding the dangers of risk controls for underground services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Significant experience in the design management process.
- Experienced in the management of temporary works and lifting operations
- Experienced in Quality management procedures.
- Good working knowledge of CAD.
- Understands current H&S legislation.
- Has previously managed teams of engineers of various levels.
- Can demonstrate where he/she has instigated change for the betterment of the project.
Qualifications & Training
- SMSTS Training.
- First Aid
- Service avoidance course.
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator training.
- A61 CPCS Lifting Operations Appointed Persons course.
- Is working towards professional status, ICE. CIOB etc