Solution Recruitment are in search of a Construction Manager for a residential development project above the Canary Wharf Station in London.
This project will comprise of:
- 3,600 new homes
- 2 million square ft of high quality commercial office spaces.
- 550,000 square ft of shops, restaurants, and community buildings.
Offering a salary up to £80K + Additional Benefits are on offer.
If this sounds of interest please apply below!
- Provide Horizontal Control on all floors for the project.
- Provide Vertical Control on all floors for the project.
- Monitor basement slab for deflection and settlement.
- Monitor existing structures for movement associated with construction works.
- Monitor structure for vertical shortening, if required.
- Carry out as-built checks throughout shell and core construction.
- Log in all incoming surveys.
- Process, compile and check all jobs prior to submission to Engineering Surveying Manager.
- Provide training and advice to the Assistant Surveyors
- Oversee calibration of all survey equipment
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested and assigned by the Engineering Surveying Manager.
- You must demonstrate proven Engineering experience, gained from working on major construction projects as an Engineering Surveyor.
- You should have experience in high rise construction surveying techniques. Failing that, quality proven experience on major construction projects in a position of responsibility over other surveyors will be essential.
- It is essential that the you be in possession of a relevant formal qualification e.g. Bachelor of Surveying or Engineering degree, HND (as a minimum).
- Ideally you should be a member of a Professional Surveying Institution or be actively working towards membership. e.g. RICS, ICES.
- It is essential that you possess a practical, proactive and problem solving approach to surveying in difficult conditions, and under tight time frames.
- It is essential that you have good communication skills and be able to communicate and influence behaviours at all levels.
- It is essential that you be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned project team, trade contractors and members of the survey department.
- It is essential that you have the ability to develop and implement surveying related systems and procedures where required.
- It is essential that you be willing to undertake training and a personal development program.
- It is essential that you be able to train others where knowledge and skills allow.
- It is essential that you be computer literate and have good administration skills.
- It is essential that the incumbent be competent in assessing and commenting on the adequacy of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.