Environment, Sustainability & Consents Manager
Environment, Sustainability & Consents Manager
One of my top client are seeking an Environmental, Sustainability & Consents Manager for a large scale Civils project in North Wales.
Candidate MUST be willing to lodge away due to the remote location of the project
Purpose of the role
To be the Environmental, Consents & Sustainability Manager, working closely with the Project team, stakeholders, and the supply chain.
To manage environmental aspects, ensuring the project is compliant with legal and ISO standards and supporting Environmental Advisers in delivering environmental support to site. Supporting the Head of HS&E and providing project updates.
Meet the client, stakeholder, legislative other third party and internal requirements on environmental and social standards.
Apply for and manage the secondary consents required for the project. Develop and maintain the secondary consents register and report regularly on consent status.
Contribute to the sustainability strategy development and implementation in the business’
Support the project in achieving CEEQUAL or other sustainability or environmental award schemes.
The job holder must be able to commit to a flexible workplace, changing construction environment and occasional out-of-hours attendance.
Liaise with the project site teams and supply chain on site and ensure that Client & Stakeholder environmental and sustainability objectives are met within the required timeframe.
Support Project Manager to maintain strong relationships with the Client, local authorities and frameworks and representing the business within those forums.
Develop communication tools (eg guidance & training materials, newsletters, alerts) to inform personnel & stakeholders as appropriate.
To identify opportunities and gains from projects that can add value for money or deliver the requirements in a more sustainable way. To assist the designers and engineers in achieving step change and looking to using sustainable materials in the design and construction.
Engage with Procurement team to drive continuous improvement against objectives and client requirements.
Liaise with and support Stakeholder manager in developing community engagement programmes across the business and on individual projects KRL to confirm if required
To help the company deliver its commitments and vision to sites to the appropriate standards including ISO14001, BS50001.
Facilitate internal/external environmental audits.
Assist in developing environmental and sustainability KPI measuring and recording techniques.
Communicate sustainability issues and performance to site teams and senior management.
Report as required on project environmental and sustainability performance.
Capture best practice and produce case studies to share information and improve performance.
Identify opportunities to develop own skills and experience consistent with supporting projects and to continually challenge own practice and development to provide a high-quality support to.
Contribute to winning work when required eg PQQ’s, tenders etc.
Require Project Knowledge
Experience of providing environmental support at an Advisor level on one or multiple project sites. Experience of providing a consistently high-quality service, with corresponding feedback from Project Managers and Client.
Experience of dealing with Statutory Bodies, Clients, specialists, subcontractors, supply chain etc. and delivering (or being a lead role) in successful applications, schemes, discharging planning conditions and permits as required to undertake works.
Good knowledge of Sustainability and Environmental issues in construction, through experience, training, education. Willing to undertake further training. Wiling to lead by example.
Preferably Degree level qualified, must be working towards (or hold) IEMA membership at an appropriate level (or similar).
Flexibility – Ability to support multiple sites, in various general environmental roles. Ability to manage emergency situations and take control. Occasional out-of-normal hours work may be required.
Must have a good understanding of the construction process, the desire to understand and work with engineers to find better environmental solutions to issues within the established constraints.
Due to a rapid increase in workload within their Airports division, our client, a top Regional Civil Engineering Contractor are seeking the secure the services of 2/3 Site Manager/Agents to support projects including Taxiway Upgrades, Road works, Surfacing works and other Civil Engineering schemes at Heathrow Airport.
Based from their Site Offices, you will be assisting with the Preparation of Site Paperwork, Overseeing Contractors and Labour on site, Attending meetings with the Stakeholder and Senior Management.
To be considered, you will come from an Engineering Background and have experience in Civil Engineering works including Concrete works, Surfacing and Drainage all gained within the Main Contracting Environment.
In return, a top day rate is on offer, immediate start and long term contract for the right individual!
Excellent opening so if interested, please get in touch and send your CV to Dave Rowe by email or call Dave Rowe on 07960054752 for further information.
Freelance General Foreman
General Foreman – Aylesbury -Freelance OUTSIDE IR35 & Long Term
I have an urgent need for a freelance General Foreman for major Civils and Utility Diversion works for a top client of ours on HS2.
Duties will be predominantly overseeing works on site and pushing these on from ground level overseeing labour and contractors on site, undertaking regular walk rounds, report writing, tool box talks etc.
Must have CSCS, SSSTST and solid civils and ideally some utilities experience gained with main contractors.
Top day rate on offer that is OUTSIDE IR35 and comes with long term contract.
I can personally say the teams there are great I have been and met them all and this is something I can highly recommend!
Urgent need so if interested please get in touch ASAP
My client is recruiting for a Section Engineer’s to join their UK Civils Division in the South, the first project will be on the A12 which is part of their concrete road frameworks.
- Setting out the works in accordance with drawings, specifications and site surveys. Liaising with the project planning engineer regarding construction programmes
- Checking materials and work in progress for compliance with the specified requirements
- Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities
- Quality control in accordance with the clients procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans, all prepared by the project management team and by subcontractors
- Liaising with company or project purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements
- Supervising and mentoring Graduate and Trainee Engineers
- Measurement and valuation (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate).
- Providing data in respect of variation orders and site instructions
- Preparing record drawings, technical reports, site diary. Carry out schedule of current condition before works commence
- Assist project management team to maintain and monitor safe working practices on site. This includes reviewing sub-contractor’s health and safety plan, and writing method statements when required
- Set up drawing register and check drawings and specifications for adequacy and coordination
- Assist with managing any direct works undertaken on site
- Take responsibility for checking and keeping records of delivered material e.g. concrete, concrete blocks, hollow rib decking, reinforcement etc., to ensure all materials used on site are in line with the specification. (To include adequate checks on s/c materials also)
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years post qualification experience with good knowledge of the sector or experience within a project based organisation
- Articulate and numerate capable of delivering reports orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner
- Displays good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management
- Working knowledge of Temporary works and the Sisk Temporary works procedures
- Ability to build strong relationships with delivery teams and project managers
- The ability to assess, analyse and adapt their approach to the specific circumstances on any given project
- Manage and interrogate 3D models across a number of disciplines.
- Has knowledge & understanding of managing 4D planning
- BIM Awareness and understanding of the BIM Process.
- Completed HND/ BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering degree
- Managing Safety in Construction training
- Current full driving licence
- Recognised safety programme, qualified and up to date
- Lifting Supervisor / Crane Awareness training
- Temporary works co-ordinator training
- Is working towards professional status, EI, ICE, CIOB etc.
Please get in touch if you’re interested and would like more information
Sub Agent (Highways)
My client are recruiting for a Sub Agent to join our UK Civils Division in the South working on their concrete road frameworks. Part of the engineering function reporting to the Agent/Project Manager on the project. Primary role is provision of support to the Agent/Project Manager in the management of the design and/or construction of the works, including the implementation of quality procedures and management of health, safety and environmental matters, all to meet programme, specification and budget targets.
- A key member of the project management team in the delivery of Health. Safety and Environmental presentations. Examples Include project Inductions, tool box talks, and team briefings. Provides Input on the content of presentations.
- Manage, supervise and mentor, graduate, site and section engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and project records
- Complete health and safety Inspections
- Completes an individual dally diary.
- Implementation of quality control process including the preparation and/or review of Inspection & Test Plans. Can readily display advanced knowledge of key packages such as concrete, drainage, steelwork and brickwork.
- Good understanding of the project specifications, in particular tolerances for vertical and horizontal structural elements
- Is competent in the Issuing of “Permits to break ground”.
- Preparation and/or review of method statements and risk assessments.
- Identifies where Information is missing and has an excellent working knowledge of the project RFI process
- Good understanding of temporary works and undertakes the role of the Temporary Works Co-ordinator.
- Good understanding of lifting operations and undertakes the role of Project Lifting Operations Appointed Person.
- Preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly construction programmes or, where appropriate, provides Information to the project planner to allow programmes lo be updated.
Experience & Skills
- Successful experience at section engineer level
- Fully competent in understanding the dangers of risk controls for underground services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Significant experience in the design management process.
- Experienced in the management of temporary works and lifting operations
- Experienced in Quality management procedures.
- Good working knowledge of CAD.
- Understands current H&S legislation.
- Has previously managed teams of engineers of various levels.
- Can demonstrate where he/she has instigated change for the betterment of the project.
Qualifications & Training
- SMSTS Training.
- First Aid
- Service avoidance course.
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator training.
- A61 CPCS Lifting Operations Appointed Persons course.
- Is working towards professional status, ICE. CIOB etc
Site Engineer Role (Nights)
Solution are working on behalf of a client who is urgently looking for a Site Engineer for a Highway scheme near Ipswich. To be considered you must have a minimum of an HNC in Civil Engineering and hold CSCS certification. Highways experience a must also!
Immediate start for the right individual, circa 6-12 months work and Outside IR35 with the rate negotiable.
If interested please get in touch at either firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dave on 07960054752 anytime!
Our client, a top UK Civil Engineering and Utility Contractor have the need for a General Foreman on their HS2 contracts in Aylesbury with packages of works including Utility Diversions (Water and Gas), Deep Excavations, Drainage and some Structures.
Based from site, your duties will include overseeing Sub Contractors and labour on site, undertaking tool box talks and issuing Task Briefings along with Health & Safety and Daily Reporting.
To be considered, you will have SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS certification to your name and will have proven experience as a Foreman working on Utilities and Civil Engineering schemes, this is a Must!
In return, a top day rate is on offer along with overtime uplifts and this is Outside R35 and comes with a contract that could be over 2 years for the right individual! This is a great opportunity!
If interested in this, please send a copy of your CV to Dave Rowe by email or call Dave on 07960054752 for further information.
Civil Engineering Estimator
My client, a leading Civil Engineering Sub-Contractor are seeking a Estimator to join their Major Projects side of the business. You will be part of a team involved in complex interfaces on Railways, Highways, Airports and Nuclear projects.
- 10 Years plus industry experience, with more than last 3 most recent years as an Estimator
- Civil engineering or QS background
- Comfortable to lead and tender bids up to £30mil
- First principal measurement and pricing
- Computer skills – CCS Candy, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook competent
- NEC3 and/or NEC4 experienced
- Highways, Railways, Aviation and Energy experienced
- Strong commercial business acumen skills
- Proven track record of winning profitable work
- Work experience of at least 5 years for a civils subcontractor (Tier 2 or similar)
Responsibilities will include:
- Capable of creating a tender analysis summary report to decide bid or no-bid
- Lead all mid-bid review and tender adjudication meetings
- Manage all tenders and accountable to achieve strict deadlines
- Create tender programmes
- Manage all related administration and CANDY database
- Comfortable with issuing and managing sub-contractor/supply chain enquiries
- Conducting tender site visits
- Work closely with Procurement and Business Development teams
- Chair weekly estimating progress meetings with MD, Contracts Director and Business Development Manager present
- Compiling tender handover documentation prior to any successful tender going ‘live’
- Capable of creating cost plans
- Support commercial team with larger variation estimates
This is a full time position with hybrid working considered.
Buildings Construction Manager (Sub Agent / Agent level)
My client are looking for a construction manager to lead and be accountable for Buildings Construction Management on their Headhouse works.
You will ensure that the scope of works is delivered safely and on time to the required standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcome.
This is a Joint Venture project with works involve building the tunnels and shafts for the second phase of National Grid’s scheme to rewire the capital and replace existing electricity cables that are coming to the end of their life. This role is working in joint venture to deliver Package 5 of the project. The works involve delivering the mechanical and electrical (M&E) works and headhouses for the second phase of National Grid’s scheme to rewire the capital and replace existing electricity cables which are coming to the end of their life.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- HNC / HND or NVQ Level 5 (or Degree)
- Appropriate safety training and qualification for the nature of the works (e.g SMSTS, TSTS etc)
- 5+ experience in the project management of a major engineering project
- Technical knowledge appropriate to the nature of works
- Client and stakeholder management
- Working knowledge of planning & programming
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Management of a project delivery.
- Understanding of developing and maintaining forecasts and budgets
My client are looking to hire a Project Planner for a large tunneling project in the centre of London. You will need to have at least 5 years’ experience gained from working with a main contractor, ideally but not necessarily infrastructure. Some background site experience would be an advantage. The jobholder will report to the Senior/Lead Planner.
You wiil provide support to the project management team through the provision of an efficient and effective planning, scheduling and project performance reporting function for smaller projects or working as part of a large project team.
The works involve building the tunnels and shafts for the second phase of National Grid’s scheme to rewire the capital and replace existing electricity cables that are coming to the end of their life.
The project will use tunnel boring machines to dig a 32.5km network of new cable tunnels over three sections between Wimbledon and Crayford in South London. They are also sinking seven new deep shafts at key locations along the route. The shafts will later be covered by headhouses to provide access and ventilation for the tunnels.
Please get in touch if you’re interested and would like to discuss the role in more detail.