Senior Manager Technical Services
- Up to £110K
- + Car Allowance
- Posted by: SolutionTeam
- Location: London
- Ref: Gary Bullen
I am searching for an experienced Senior Technical Services Manager on behalf of a Leading City Main Contractor to oversee M&E on Major Cat A and Refurb Projects within the London area.
If you have experience of managing MEP Packages on Commercial Cat A and Cat B projects for a Main Contractor as a Senior Technical Services Manager, please contact me on 07836 291 662
- To take full responsibility from Tender to Completion of a construction project in varying value, up to £10m+
- To identify problems and offer solutions.
- To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
- To review design and shop drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
- To offer high level strategic thinking at project level (lower level strategic input only is required for the skills area).
- To contribute information to the proposal team, when required.
- To prepare, manage, attend and present a solution or project at the “pitch”.
- To carry out a champion role, if required, including publication of ‘champion papers’, as appropriate.
- To be aware of the existence of marketing relationships with external professionals and clients.
- To actively promote Interior philosophy and culture.
- To produce precise and succinct project / lookahead reports.
- To take responsibility for strategic control of the programme.
- To take a lead role in the presentation of the project or task to the client.
- To offer buildability advice and value engineering solutions.
- To understand and manage cost, programme, deliverables and risk for a tendered or live project and produce a
report on the current position.
- Be aware of element costings and costs/ft2
- Thorough understanding of M&E systems.
- Promote and implement Zero Defects & Absolute Completion Initiative.
- To implement Best Practice Manual.
- To manage the design process including the production and review of design and shop drawings.
- To monitor the design against cost plan.
Skills & experience
- Industry experience. Track record of successful projects either internally or externally.
- Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the design phase of a project. Help prepare
and maintain the client decision matrix.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process, preferably fit-out/refurbishment based
- Has a good political awareness.
- Able to collate information from the team to prepare and present the project report.
- Has been involved at a senior level in medium (£10m+) and preferably at least one large (£20m+) project.
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system
- Good team leader and “people manager”
- Sensitive to political situations – good relationship builder
- Decision maker
- Good delegator and manage the outcome of that delegation
- Good communicator
- Prepared to be innovative
- Training and mentoring of team members
- A good organiser/system implementer
- Able to apply and operate a safe system of works
- have experience in negotiating, both internally and externally with customers