- + Car / Car Allowance + Bens
- Posted by: SolutionTeam
- Location: Colchester, Essex
- Type: Permanent
- Ref: Stewart Lange
My client is recruiting for a Section Engineer’s to join their UK Civils Division in the South, the first project will be on the A12 which is part of their concrete road frameworks.
- Setting out the works in accordance with drawings, specifications and site surveys. Liaising with the project planning engineer regarding construction programmes
- Checking materials and work in progress for compliance with the specified requirements
- Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities
- Quality control in accordance with the clients procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans, all prepared by the project management team and by subcontractors
- Liaising with company or project purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements
- Supervising and mentoring Graduate and Trainee Engineers
- Measurement and valuation (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate).
- Providing data in respect of variation orders and site instructions
- Preparing record drawings, technical reports, site diary. Carry out schedule of current condition before works commence
- Assist project management team to maintain and monitor safe working practices on site. This includes reviewing sub-contractor’s health and safety plan, and writing method statements when required
- Set up drawing register and check drawings and specifications for adequacy and coordination
- Assist with managing any direct works undertaken on site
- Take responsibility for checking and keeping records of delivered material e.g. concrete, concrete blocks, hollow rib decking, reinforcement etc., to ensure all materials used on site are in line with the specification. (To include adequate checks on s/c materials also)
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years post qualification experience with good knowledge of the sector or experience within a project based organisation
- Articulate and numerate capable of delivering reports orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner
- Displays good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management
- Working knowledge of Temporary works and the Sisk Temporary works procedures
- Ability to build strong relationships with delivery teams and project managers
- The ability to assess, analyse and adapt their approach to the specific circumstances on any given project
- Manage and interrogate 3D models across a number of disciplines.
- Has knowledge & understanding of managing 4D planning
- BIM Awareness and understanding of the BIM Process.
- Completed HND/ BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering degree
- Managing Safety in Construction training
- Current full driving licence
- Recognised safety programme, qualified and up to date
- Lifting Supervisor / Crane Awareness training
- Temporary works co-ordinator training
- Is working towards professional status, EI, ICE, CIOB etc.
Please get in touch if you’re interested and would like more information