Mechanical Project Engineer
- Posted by: SolutionTeam
- Location: London and South East
- Type: Contract
Mechanical Project Engineer – London and South East
- Drive engineering solutions and efficiencies to deliver projects to highest standard whilst maintaining budget and programme
- Supporting the PM’s and supervisors deliver a successful project
- To assist the project team to carry out the mechanical Installations on site.
- Work with project team to review the sub-con and supplier packages through procurement prior to pre-let and through delivery
- Assist in writing the scope of works for the trade contract packages.
- To assist the project team to manage all projects safely provide a quality service to our customers throughout London and South East region.
- To deliver a high quality project.
- To assist and manage the performance of the trade contractors.
- To assist in managing the programme and progress on site.
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice.
- Drive procurement both for compliance and target cost efficiencies
- To assist the team on site with checking technical information.
- Develop the skill set to manage a larger mechanical project eventually lead as PM.
- Support the supervisors and sub-cons on technical solutions to site issues
- QA and site audits of contract works
- Attend supply chain meetings with main contractors to support PM
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Experience of working on medium to large projects
- Working for a Building Services Contractor at a similar level
- Overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of Mechanical systems and their installation methods
- Time Served Apprentice or relevant Mechanical qualifications HNC
- Consistently good financial acumen, taking into account all relevant factor.
- Good people management and motivational skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines
- The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads