M&E Manager – Leading Residential Developer
- £65,000 + Package
- + Package
- Posted by: nicola
- Location: West London
- Type: Permanent
My client is looking to recruit an experienced M&E Manager for a 487 unit Residential project across 5 high ride blocks in West London.
The project will include a Central Plant Room, a Cinema, Gym and Wi-Fi Lounge.
If you have experience in Managing M&E packages on large residential projects, have a good understanding of plant rooms and the commissioning process and would like to know more about this role, please contact me on 07836 291 662
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Take ownership of the MEP construction works to ensure execution on time and within budget.
- Be intimately familiar with the subcontractor scope of work, subcontract agreements, and design drawings as they relate to the MEP trades.
- Lead and direct the 3-D coordination process in conjunction with the consultant, design team and subcontractor to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installation.
- Manage and lead the MEP subcontractors throughout duration of the project from tender award, through installation, commissioning and handover.
- Develop detailed sub-programs and schedules for all MEP installation activities.
- Supervise, review and coordination of technical submittals and construction drawings prepared by the MEP subcontractor prior to installation.
- Closely monitor the installation works and ensure that the agreed Quality systems are fully implemented.
- Capture, coordinate and communicate changes in the scope of work.
- Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with the project team.
- Coordinate, plan and witness the commissioning activities with the MEP subcontractor and the consultant team and ensure documentation is complete.
- Coordinate submittals and RFI’s with the responsible design team.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed.
- Represent Berkeley St Edward in regard to the MEP process at contractors’ meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of project status reports.
- Assist with project logistics and temporary site services.
- Communicate and uphold the Berkeley safety culture, safety policies and procedures throughout the project.
- Assist the commercial team with review of subcontract pay applications.
- Ensure that all project closeout documentation, including O&M manuals and as-built drawings are continuously maintained and presented in a timely manner.
- SMSTS and CSCS qualified.
- 5+ years of experience in Construction/MEP Coordination.
- Good understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low-voltage systems.
- General understanding of Building Regulations and BS7671 Wiring Regulations as they relate to the construction of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline preferred.
- Experience of dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Have proven track record as a MEP Manager on high quality residential projects.
- Demonstrable strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio).