Head Of Sustainability and Environmental
- Posted by: SolutionTeam
- Location: South London
- Type: Permanent
Solution has been retained to identify a Senior Sustainability Manager to step into a lead operation role on behalf of its client a time served and well-respected structural refurbishment and CAT B fitout contractor ( T/O£120m) operating within the London marketplace.
Your remit will be to :
- Define, and where possible, exceed customer expectations on sustainability delivery across the business.
- Support the Director of Sustainable Operations with devising the annual sustainability business plan and ensuring that costs remain within the sustainability budget.
- Supply KPI reports to clients.
- Carry out general admin functions relating to sustainability requirements, (e.g. data management, answering calls and chasing the project teams for KPI data).
- Support teams to meet client specific expectations and initiatives as required, such as BREEAM & Ska assessments, zero waste to Landfill and legal compliance and updates.
- Assist in the collation, analysis and reporting of data (such as waste volumes and utility use) to enable the assessment of performance against sustainability targets
- Undertake frequent visits to construction sites to assess compliance with the in-house environmental management system and make recommendations for improvement
- Coach employees in best practise and in the implementation of site waste management plans across the business.
- Support teams in liaising with Statutory and Advisory bodies.
- Undertake environmental auditing of business systems, sub-contractors and sites to ensure compliance and maximise best practise.
- Carry out environmental incident investigations and propose requirements for future improvements.
- Develop and promote environmental awareness including waste management initiatives and CO₂ reduction plans across all teams to optimise best practice across the business. ·
- Guiding in the responsible business training and communications to coach and communicate in simple, impactful ways including translation and education of the group strategy and annual goals for each area. Standing as a focal point for technical support and able to trouble shoot.
- Translating the technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability
Our client a modern forward-thinking business with impressive growth plans. There are looking for somebody with the capability to grow with the business demonstrating relevant experience of working for a recognized main contractor but now seeking further autonomy and seniority.
Salary and benefits will be tailored to acquire the suitable candidate.