Building Services Manager
- + £5K Car Allowance + Travel & Flexible Working
- Posted by: SolutionTeam
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Ref: Gary Bullen
Manage and set targets for ensuring delivery of building services design and installation to the agreed timescales Ensure that the design and installation of M&E services is fully coordinated, buildable, cost effective and complies with their contractual obligations.
Promote and achieve our Perfect Delivery philosophy throughout the project and team.
Provide all necessary construction mechanical and electrical support including the management of services design and its integration in whole design Manage the building services design and installation process to meet the agreed programme.
Work closely with the project manager, design manager and commercial team and provide support to site management in relation to coordination of M&E installations.
Assess customer documentation and requirements and ensure that it is being fully integrated into the COP and installation Continuously monitor the services design and manage the information flow between the subcontractors and the consultants.
Ensure high standards of health and safety, safe by design, quality and customer satisfactory Maintain awareness of current health and safety requirements and changes.
Ensure effective communication to all parties Influence and support teams to innovate and achieve optimum solutions Offer solutions to site-related difficulties.
Promote and present a professional image to the client in all dealings Ensure the customers feedback and comments are acknowledged, prioritized and actioned.
Work closely with whole of design team and specialist suppliers offering the COP.
Continually review suppliers’ performance and share information.
Work as part of a team to ensure all company procedures and quality standards are achieved as documented.
Facilitate and lead building services design and progress meetings and workshops.
- Qualification in Mechanical and/or Electrical disciplines (desirable)
- Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification/ accreditation (preferred)
- Previous experience with a Tier 1 contractor with some experience in pre-construction
- Good design and technical knowledge including latest regulations (Breeam)
- Full understanding of detailed M&E procedures
- Good level of technical and professional expertise
- Ability to produce M&E design, installation and commissioning programmes, plan and prioritise daily diary, to ensure all targets are met
- Able to identify customers’ needs and meet those needs and expectation to the highest level of customer service in an enthusiastic and responsive manner.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with potential and existing customers
- Good level of understanding of Breeam
- Clear understanding of renewable technologies and suitability in design
- Able to use Word/Excel/CAD/Team Plan/Power Point