Senior Interior Designer
Solution have an amazing opportunity to join a Award Winning Design Team operating within the High-end Residential and Hospitality sector. They are looking for an Interior Designer that fully understands the modern and upcoming approach of the studio. Working closely with Head Office and hotel operational teams, the role is mainly focused on residential and hospitality projects, exhibitions and one off collaborations to create new stands and new products.
You will be expected to undertake projects from concept through to completion. As a Senior Designer specialising in High-end Residential and Hospitality, please notice they want someone with technical knowledge and experience but an extraordinary interest for textiles, soft refurbishment and colour is key to succeed in the role.
Essential Key Skills
- More than 5 years’ experience in residential and hospitality Luxury Interior Design.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the London design industry and knowledge of local suppliers and contractors
- An passion and keen interest in soft refurbishments, patterns, textiles and colour
- An exceptional eye for detail and high standards
- Project management skills from initial concept through to installation and completion
- A sense of style, quality, colour and proportion
- Knowledge of suppliers, products, materials, furniture, fabrics, their costs and versatilities
- Technical site experience working with contractors and co-ordinating installations
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD and Photoshop essential, able to deliver CAD drawings
- Ability to work independently and manage projects independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A degree or equivalent in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Experience in design of fabrics, chinaware or furniture is desirable
- Experience in building excellent client relationships and internal company relationships
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work alongside with Senior members of the team for the successful delivery of larger mainly residential projects and contribute to the design of the hotels.
- Design and deliver large scale residential projects including setting and meeting deadlines.
- To conduct presentations and client meetings.
- Exceptional presentations skills. Develop on time client presentations including mood boards, rendered plans and elevations done in CAD and coloured in Photoshop, digital material palettes.
- Produce floor plans, elevation and joinery drawings using AutoCAD
- Manage all FF&E procurement for the projects including independent and pro-active sourcing of goods
- Manage the budget, suppliers, orders and invoicing for the project
- To take responsibility for project deadlines, ensuring they are met and projects are structured to achieve deadlines
- Conduct detailed research into products, services and suppliers and produce recommendations for Kit Kemp, Director of Design
Junior/Midweight Commercial Interior Designer
I am currently working with a globally renowned Design Studio, who are urgently seeking a Junior/Midweight Interior Designer to join their workplace team for a 4-week contract initially with the opportunity to transition into a permanent contract.
The studio, based in Central London, are currently working on several projects and would require yourself to assist with the space planning and general running of an International bank project. Ideally, they need someone who has worked on workplace projects previously and have experience in this sector.
AutoCAD would be required and someone with Revit would be a huge bonus. The studio is looking for someone to start immediately but would consider a start next week.