Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
- Posted by: Ben Long
- Location: City of London
- Type: Permanent
- Ref: SR-BL18093
One of the UK’s most well respected Low Energy and Sustainable, Building Services consultancies are looking for an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer for an immediate start. Established over ten years ago they have created a unique place to work and their culture is one that nurtures and encourages innovation, creativity, collaboration and out of the box thinking.
With a confirmed order book of commercial office, luxury residential, education, mixed use and regeneration projects on the go, a healthy work life balance and the opportunity of influencing projects from a very early stage of the design process on offer; this opportunity will appeal to an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer that is as passionate about developing their career in a friendly, supporting and fun environment.
Operating from a stunning, open plan studio in central London you will enjoy a fast-paced role and the opportunity of interacting with signature architects and taking projects through to completion.
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Maintain a good understanding of the sustainable building materials, technologies and techniques.
- Attend design and progress meetings.
- Designing electrical schematics, fire alarms, containment sizing, security and access control, lighting and emergency lighting, small power distribution, fire alarms, and electrical risers.
- Constantly liaise with other members of the MEP and Sustainability team to ensure designs are co-ordinated and seamlessly integrated into buildings.
- Liaise with CAD team and ensure drawings are produced on time and meet clients requirements.
- Ensure all work meets Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and British Standards.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents following the RIBA stages plan of work.
- Managing your own time to ensure you achieve deadlines and milestones.
- Attend CPDs and ongoing on the job training sessions.
- Degree qualified in Electrical, Building Services or Energy Engineering.
- At least three years experience as a consulting engineer.
- Proficiency in Amtech and ideally a working knowledge of Revit MEP.
- Genuine interest in Building services, architecture and Sustainable design.
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is private, confidential and may also be legally privileged. It may not be copied or disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and then delete the message and any attachment(s). Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company.