Urban Designer/ Masterplanner
- Posted by: Lewis Powell
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent
- Ref: SR-AR18099
Sector: Urban Design
My client is currently recruiting for a talented, motivated and ambitious urban designer/masterplanner to work on a variety of projects to enhance and support the urban design/masterplanning disciplines within the studio. This is an opportunity to develop a career in masterplanning with a strong focus on influencing the debate on current urban issues and research.
Their urban design approach is based on bespoke and innovative projects that extend beyond the remit of normal masterplanning practice. People – both users, clients and designers – are at the centre of their work.
They are looking for a team player and critical thinker with excellent communication skills to join our busy creative studio. The ideal candidate should have exceptional analytical, design and presentation skills, being able to communicate their work in a variety of media by the use of model making, sketching and CAD.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of planning policies and the UK planning process and an ability to produce coherent and well-resolved design concepts and masterplanning schemes. Experience in Vectorworks preferred and you must have excellent 2D and 3D CAD and DTP skills.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- developing an understanding of project briefs and support through research and wider analysis
- developing design proposals through iterative reviews with the project and client team
- preparing drawings and information for coordination purposes with external consultants
- preparing and maintaining project drawings in compliance with QA systems
- ensuring the adequate integration of technical information and statutory requirements into design drawings
- regularly presenting at project meetings
Apply now or contact Lewis Powell for further information – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07528458533