Mechanical Project Manager
- Posted by: Sal Hammali
- Location: West London
Our client is a highly successful and reputable M&E Contractor that has been established for over 20 years. They work with some of the most prestigious Blue Chip Clients throughout the UK including Mace, Skanska, Kier and Overbury on a varied selection of projects including commercial, leisure, health and educational developments specialising in all aspects of building services, from traditional to design and build installations. Due to a large number of recently awarded projects they require a Mechanical Project Manager to join the team and run a number of projects.
This is a medium sized company that values its staff, rewards achievements and has expanded at a rate that is not conducive to a loss of quality or pride in their workmanship. The environment is one that can facilitate growth and sustained progression, which is not to say that it won’t be challenging, so successful candidates will need to have a passion and drive to succeed.
The Mechanical Project Manager will take ownership and accountability of the project delivery, finances, quality and programme from tender handover to project completion and through to client training. This will be achieved by working to strict timescales, delivering each project within budget and overseeing quality control throughout the project life cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly manage project development from start to finish, having responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the project.
- Design review
- Procurement of plant, materials and labour
- Programming of works
- Overall Cost Management
- Managing the engineering input into the project strategy
- Technical Submittals
- Co-ordination of direct staff and sub-contractors on site
- Reporting into the Mechanical Director and liaising with the client
- Running numerous projects concurrently with values to £5M
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering /Building Services or equivalent qualifications and / or significant relevant experience acceptable
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering projects with value to £5M
- A proven track record of longevity with previous employers
- Experience must be UK based