Architectural Model Maker
- Posted by: Louis Herinckx
- Location: Central London
- Type: Permanent
- Ref: SR-LHe080312
Solution is working in partnership with one of London’s most prestigious architectural practices, who have asked us to go out in the market and find them a talented and ambitious Model Maker to join their two existing in house model makers.
The studio in question is 100 strong with offices in the heart of London, working across a number of sectors but they are perhaps best known for their large scale commercial projects, a number of which have certainly changed London’s skyline over the last ten years. As mentioned, there are currently two model makers, with the work bench sitting just next to the courtyard area in an open plan office, where they also work alongside the in house visualisation team, working closely with architects producing sketch models and CGIs for design development.
They also have two separate spaces where the spray booth and laser cutters are situated, with ten 3D printers running. Further to this, the company also have a passion project; this is to create presentation models for their 50 most prestigious projects, which were built before the model shop was fully up and running. These will be displayed in chronological order in the entrance to the studio, a fantastic addition to any model makers’ portfolio.
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit environment, with very little bureaucracy, to manage your own time, and ultimately have a very varied workload, from sketch models to presentation pieces.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of drawings and specifications for working at a range of scales, as well as a sound knowledge of Rhino and AutoCAD.
- Experience using Microstation and BIM software would be an advantage.
- Ability to run projects independently and work as part of a team as instructed by the Modelshop Manager / Team Leader.
- Qualified to a minimum HND level, preferably Degree level, in relevant subject area or equivalent industry experience.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and ability of model making skills, working quickly and effectively with a wide array of materials.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of modelshop machinery, including the laser cutter and hot wire cutter.
- Able to use relevant tools, machinery and equipment within the H&S guidelines as necessary for the completion of projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- A professional approach at all times.
If you feel this could be the next step in your career, please contact Louis Herinckx on 0207 855 9644 or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org