Architectural Model Maker
- £30,000 (up to)
- + benefits package
- Posted on:
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent
- Ref: SR-LH06064
Solution is working in partnership with one of London’s most prestigious architectural practices, who have asked us to find them a talented and ambitious Model Maker to join their two existing in house model makers.
The studio in question is 100 strong with offices in the heart of London, working across a number of sectors but they are perhaps best known for their large scale residential and mixed use projects. As mentioned, there are currently two model makers, with the light and airy model shop sitting in the middle of the open plan office, where they also work alongside the in house visualisation team, working closely with architects producing sketch models and CGIs for design development.
They also have a separate space where the spray booth and laser cutters are situated, with a number of 3D printers running.
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit environment, with very little bureaucracy, to manage your own time, and ultimately have a very varied workload, from sketch models to presentation pieces.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of drawings and specifications for working at a range of scales, as well as a sound knowledge of Rhino and AutoCAD.
- Experience using Microstation and BIM software would be an advantage.
- Ability to run projects independently and work as part of a team as instructed by the Modelshop Manager / Team Leader.
- Qualified to a minimum HND level, preferably Degree level, in relevant subject area or equivalent industry experience.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and ability of model making skills, working quickly and effectively with a wide array of materials.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of modelshop machinery, including the laser cutter and hot wire cutter.
- Able to use relevant tools, machinery and equipment within the H&S guidelines as necessary for the completion of projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- A professional approach at all times.
If you feel this could be the next step in your career, please apply now.