Following graduation from University with a degree in Earth Sciences in the summer of 2014, Louis Herinckx joined Solution Recruitment to work alongside Simon Haupt dealing with permanent staffing within the Construction sector. Louis has since moved away from mainstream construction to run a standalone desk focusing on Fit-Out.
Louis’ thorough and methodical approach to recruitment has seen him quickly build up an intricate knowledge of the Fit-Out market. This has allowed him to build strong relationships with many prestigious Fit-Out contractors, while being able to offer each candidate a tailored job search service.
Outside of work Louis spends his weekends DJing at various clubs and parties around London, a hobby that saw him pay his way through university.
January 2014 to Present
I joined Solution in 2014 to work alongside Simon Haupt, Simon Jefferies and David Roberts. Working with three highly experienced consultants within construction recruitment, they have helped me build a superb knowledge and gain a strong grounding within the construction arena.
I now specialise in recruiting staff within the Fit-Out sector, recruiting for positions such as management, commercial and preconstruction and planning. I strive to deal with well-respected clients allowing me to offer top class opportunities to prospective candidates.
- Used my position in the university football club as a platform to acquire jobs at student events, subsequently building a reputation and clientele, securing regular bookings at numerous clubs and events over the past two years
- Employed a flexible approach to various music policies in order to satisfy the needs of managers and promoters, and to ensure repeat bookings through reputation and recommendation
Jordan’s Silver Jewellery Antique Ltd
July 2010-August 2011
- General administrative role including data entry and communications
- Acquired a general knowledge of the jewellery and antiques trades, now complimented by university courses focused on both the science and economics of metals and minerals
- Liaised with clients and suppliers via telephone and email, as well as in person, in keeping with the company’s personable approach to sales and business relationships.
- Oversaw the transition to a fully digital inventory, including photographing and cataloguing over 2000 items
- Trained two new staff during my final two months to overtake my role and to accommodate the growing inventory and sales
BSc (Hons) Earth Sciences 2:1, University College London
- The Earth Sciences stream comprehensively covers the disciplines of physics, chemistry, mathematics and engineering in relation to the Earth and its processes
- ‘Business In a Competitive Environment’ and ‘Earth Resources’ courses were taken in the 3rd year, expanding my understanding of economics and markets, enabling me to read and use the business press intelligently, and to understand forces acting on firms operating in competitive settings